The Security Supervisor oversees security staff and whose mission is to maintain a safe and secure environment for all patrons and employees located on Tribal Lands; respond to and manage any incident which endangers life, health, and property or business operations and reports such incidents to Rolling Hills Casino management and the Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Reports to the Security and Safety Manager any policy suggestions which would address new situations or improve on existing policy, and create or modify policy as requested.
- Responsible for creating weekly and daily shift schedules which ensures required posts are covered, breaks and lunches are completed and required checks are performed and documented.
- Conduct comprehensive shift briefings and daily training items.
- Must learn and brief staff on the current promotions, the “Locals” Service Guarantee and the Departmental Strategic Plan.
- Conduct safety walks in and outside of the casino, reporting, documenting and mitigating any safety related issues. Recognize and report on any OSHA related violations.
- Respond to and manage any situation which the State Compact requires mandatory reporting; ensures the completion and submission of such reports.
- Ensures the complete investigation and documentation of all reported patron and employee related illnesses and injuries.
- Respond to all requests from other departments and entities on the property who report security or safety issues. This includes Hotels, Travel Center, Links, Convenience Store, RV Park, Equestrian Center and Clear Creek Hunting club.
- Respond to and manage any scene involving a vehicle collision, traffic hazard, or scene requiring traffic control on or adjacent to property and ensure all relevant reports are completed and submitted.
- Manage and report on emergency situations including fires, leaks, hazardous spills, power outages, equipment failure and evacuations. Must be able to confidently and clearly communicate with all levels of management when reporting such incidents.
- Must be able to confidently communicate and coordinate with responding emergency services or law enforcement while adhering to policy and protecting the company’s interests.
- Must be able to perform emergency closing procedures and coordinate opening procedures assuring proper notifications and authority.
- Must supervise volunteers and employees at special events when conducting traffic control, security screening, security in the stands and protecting the stage and backstage to ensure the highest level of security and safety for the patrons, staff and artists.
Directly supervises 15-30 employees in the Security Department. This position also supervises the transportation drivers and escort officers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, assisting in rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education And/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or nine months experience and/or training in security/law enforcement; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience in security or law enforcement preferred. Computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Knowledge of California State Alcohol Beverage Control laws preferred. Strong report writing skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of patrons and employees. Ability to speak clearly and in a concise manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Complex problem solving skills and the ability to resolve potentially hostile situations. Ability to understand and recognize violations of law and company policy.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issue by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. Must have a Valid California Driver's license and must be able to be insurable by the company insurance carrier. Current First Aid, CPR and Emergency Medical Responder card preferred. TipS certification as trained at Rolling Hills Casino. Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Candidate must be able to stand for long periods of time, briskly travel over uneven ground, climb stairs and ladders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to tobacco smoke. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions under normal operations. Special events may require extended exposure to the above listed weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities and requirements pertaining to this job are subject to change, as needed.
- Must develop complete working knowledge of all departmental policy, company policy, MICS, State Compact Responsibilities, Gaming Regulations and Title 31 requirements.
- Review all documentation and report from line staff to ensure completeness, accuracy and proper routing.
- Conduct required employee evaluations, ensuring they are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct individual training, counseling or discipline as necessary.
- Complete online shift briefing report summarizing the event, and pass along pertinent information to oncoming shift.
- Identify employees who possess the skills of future leaders and supervisors, develop plans and create opportunities to develop these employees.
- Continually evaluate all aspects of the operation. Cooperate with line staff, fellow supervisors and the Security and Safety Manager to ensure perpetual improvement of the Department and its contributions to the company.